Owosso, MI 48867
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
The DayStarr Field Installer and laborer
This job has no direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or work style required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Telecommunications – Knowledge of optical network terminals and network interface devices, as well as telephone and DSL equipment.
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Applying common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Mathematical Application – Applying mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; as well as computing rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Time Management – Managing one’s own time and respecting the time of others.
· Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward.
· Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
· Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
· Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
· Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
· Determination – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
· Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
· Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
· Motivation – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
· Problem Solving – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
· Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
· Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires the effective use of a variety of tools and technology including:
· Shears – Cable slitters; Duct knives
· Stripping tools – Buffer strippers; Cable jacket strippers; Cable strippers; Sheath removal tools
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. The Company reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of its business. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.